Active Learning Lesson with a TedEd Video
This active learning activity was created with the user-friendly and broad application of the TEDEd lesson builder. The lesson includes the components of Watch, Think, Dig Deeper and Discuss. Questions are linked to specific sections of the video and students are also asked to answer short-answer questions.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 5: Facilitation and Instruction
- Objective: 5.2 The instructor clearly helps students make connections between the content and the course activities, and how their life experience and mastery of concepts gained in the course will integrate into their college degree, future career, and role as a global citizen.
- Objective: 5.3 The instructor presents the course material and concepts in an orderly, effective, and engaging manner.
- Objective: 5.4 The instructor empowers students with choices to encourage the exploration of new concepts and new perspectives through the course experience.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.3 The instructor provides clear information regarding access to the technology and related resources required in the course.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author: Anna Phillips, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, San Bernardino
- Date Created: 2021-03-21
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.2 Course tools promote learner engagement and active learning.