Active Learning with Video using TEDEd
Kelly Huh, an instructor at Cal Poly Pomona, uses an OER from TEDEd in a lower-division general education course. Following the video, students click the Think button and are asked to answer five questions as a self-check.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
Opening Reasons for the seasons - video by Rebecca Kaplan and lesson created by Kelly Huh in new window or tab.Reasons for the seasons - video by Rebecca Kaplan and lesson created by Kelly Huh This link will take you to an external website in a new tab.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author: Kelly Huh , Instructor
- Institution: California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Date Created: 2021-06-14
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.