Welcome Start Here Module Example
Within the Welcome [Start Here] Module, students will find a welcome message with a voice memo from the instructor as well as supporting information that will help students succeed in the course. This includes information regarding course structure and dates, a check-in survey, the syllabus, a syllabus quiz, a Blackboard tour, steps for getting organized, an instructor bio, and a pdf with successful tools for online learning.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.1 Instructor uses course environment to provide clear and detailed instructions for students to begin accessing all course components, such as syllabus, course calendar, assignments, and support files
- Objective: 1.2 Detailed instructor information is available to students and includes multiple formats for being contacted by students, availability information, brief biographical information, and a picture of the instructor.
- Objective: 1.3 Course description includes the purpose and format of the course, as well as prerequisite knowledge and competencies, if applicable.
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.2 Instructor provides information about being a successful learner/student.
- Objective: 4.3 Navigation throughout the online components of the course is logical, consistent, and efficient.
QLT Section 7: Learner Support and Resources
- Objective: 7.2 The course syllabus (or related) lists and/or links to a clear explanation of the technical support provided by the campus and suggestions as to when and how students should access it.
- Material Type: Welcome/start here module
- Author: Gioella Chaparro, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Dominguez Hills
- Date Created: 2021-06-21
- Course Format: Hybrid / Blended
- LMS: Blackboard
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.1 Instructions make clear how to get started and where to find various course components.
- Standard: 1.2 Learners are introduced to the purpose and structure of the course.
- Standard: 1.7 Expectations for prerequisite knowledge in the discipline and/or any required competencies are clearly stated.
- Standard: 1.8 The self–introduction by the instructor is professional and is available online.
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.1 The course instructions articulate or link to a clear description of the technical support offered and how to obtain it.
- QM General Standard 8: Accessibility and Usability
- Standard: 8.1 Course navigation facilitates ease of use.
- Standard: 8.2 The course design facilitates readability.