Meet Your Peers: A Shared PowerPoint Activity
Barton Saunders, an Instructor from Long Beach State designed an activity using PowerPoint to provide students the opportunity to self-introduce themselves and begin developing a sense of community while also engaging them with course content.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.1 At the beginning of the course, instructor provides an opportunity to have students self- introduce themselves to develop a sense of community.
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Barton Saunders, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Long Beach
- Date Created: 2021-06-23
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.9 Learners are asked to introduce themselves to the class.
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.