Get To Know Yourself Assignment
This introduction to the activity (which is using a rubric to reply on a discussion board) is in informal language to engage the students and catch their attention. It is also designed to help the student feel comfortable with talking about their own insecurities about the course topic.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.1 At the beginning of the course, instructor provides an opportunity for students to introduce themselves to develop the sense of community.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Nancy Akhavan, Faculty Developer
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2020-11-20
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.9 Learners are asked to introduce themselves to the class.