Syllabus - Rewritten Course Description and Learner Support Resources
This is a comprehensive syllabus for my KIN 2290: Contemporary Issues in Kinesiology & Health Promotion course (lower division, major requirement). It has been developed using the Quality Matters (QM) and Quality Learning & Teaching (QLT) instrument. It is developed specifically for an online, asynchronous version of the course. It is presented to students in both a word file (screened for accessibility) and in an FAQ format via our LMS (Canvas)
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.3 Course description includes the purpose and format of the course, as well as prerequisite knowledge and competencies, if applicable.
QLT Section 7: Learner Support and Resources
- Objective: 7.2 The course syllabus (or related) lists and/or links to a clear explanation of the technical support provided by the campus and suggestions as to when and how students should access it.
- Objective: 7.3 Course syllabus (or related) provides an introduction to campus academic (non–technical) support services and resources available to support students in achieving their educational goals. E.g., Disability Support Services, Writing Center, Tutoring Center.
- Objective: 7.4 Course syllabus (or related) provides information regarding how the institution’s student support (non–academic, non–technical) services and resources (E.g., advising, mentoring) can help students succeed and how they can these services.
- Material Type: Syllabus
- Author: Lara Killick, Instructor
- Institution: California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Date Created: 2021-06-26
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.2 Learners are introduced to the purpose and structure of the course.
- Standard: 1.7 Expectations for prerequisite knowledge in the discipline and/or any required competencies are clearly stated.
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.1 The course instructions articulate or link to a clear description of the technical support offered and how to obtain it.
- Standard: 7.3 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s academic support services and resources that can help learners succeed in the course.
- Standard: 7.4 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s student services and resources that can help learners succeed.