Syllabus - Rewritten Course Description and Learner Support Resources
This is a comprehensive syllabus for my KIN 2290: Contemporary Issues in Kinesiology & Health Promotion course (lower division, major requirement). It has been developed using the Quality Matters (QM) and Quality Learning & Teaching (QLT) instrument. It is developed specifically for an online, asynchronous version of the course. It is presented to students in both a word file (screened for accessibility) and in an FAQ format via our LMS (Canvas)
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.3 Course description includes the purpose and format of the course, as well as prerequisite knowledge and competencies, if applicable.
QLT Section 7: Learner Support and Resources
- Objective: 7.2 The course syllabus and LMS include links with clear explanations of the types of technical support that include the day and hours of availability and location/ways students may access the supports.
- Objective: 7.3 Course syllabus and LMS include links with descriptions to campus academic support services and resources available to support students in achieving their educational goals.
- Objective: 7.4 Course syllabus and LMS include links with descriptions as to the type of support students may receive from to the institution’s non-academic and non-technical student support services and resources can help students succeed and how they can access these services.
- Material Type: Syllabus
- Author: Lara Killick, Instructor
- Institution: California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Date Created: 2021-06-26
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.2 Learners are introduced to the purpose and structure of the course.
- Standard: 1.7 Expectations for prerequisite knowledge in the discipline and/or any required competencies are clearly stated.
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.1 The course instructions articulate or link to a clear description of the technical support offered and how to obtain it.
- Standard: 7.3 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s academic support services and resources that can help learners succeed in the course.
- Standard: 7.4 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s student services and resources that can help learners succeed.