Advanced QLT Course in Teaching Online - Course Introduction Page
This course introduction page was developed to include clear instructions for accessing the course materials, contacting the instructor, and describing the objective of the course. The page also includes an introduction video to introduce students to the course, and create a sense of community with the instructor at the onset.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.1 Instructor uses course environment to provide clear and detailed instructions for students to begin accessing all course components, such as syllabus, course calendar, assignments, and support files
- Objective: 1.2 Detailed instructor information is available to students and includes multiple formats for being contacted by students, availability information, brief biographical information, and a picture of the instructor.
- Objective: 1.3 Course description includes the purpose and format of the course, as well as prerequisite knowledge and competencies, if applicable.
- Material Type: Illustration / Graphic
- Author: Pamela Medinag, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, San Bernardino
- Date Created: 2021-06-27
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.1 Instructions make clear how to get started and where to find various course components.
- Standard: 1.2 Learners are introduced to the purpose and structure of the course.
- Standard: 1.7 Expectations for prerequisite knowledge in the discipline and/or any required competencies are clearly stated.
- Standard: 1.8 The self–introduction by the instructor is professional and is available online.