Help Module with Diversity Survey
This Help Module was developed to reduce the number of questions commonly asked each semester. These include topics related to Health, Writing, and Tutoring, just to name few. Included in this module is the Student Diversity Survey, created in Google Forms, asking questions such as their Gender Pronoun and their access to technology. This allows the instructor to get a socio-economic and personal read of each student at the beginning of the term.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.1 At the beginning of the course, instructor provides an opportunity to have students self- introduce themselves to develop a sense of community.
QLT Section 7: Learner Support and Resources
- Objective: 7.2 The course syllabus and LMS include links with clear explanations of the types of technical support that include the day and hours of availability and location/ways students may access the supports.
- Material Type: Quiz / Test / Polling
- Author: Jenny Banh, Faculty Developer
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-06-27
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.9 Learners are asked to introduce themselves to the class.
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.1 The course instructions articulate or link to a clear description of the technical support offered and how to obtain it.