Using Live Demonstration to Teach Students Music
Instructor Allen Biggs from San Francisco State University, uses video editing software to put together an innovative and interactive percussion lecture. He uses a bucket to help demonstrate different pitches and tones and captures students performing. The short video captures a portion of the video lecture.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.1 The tools and media facilitate achievement of course learning objectives/outcomes.
- Objective: 6.5 The media used in the course exhibits adequate visual and/or sound quality and promotes ease of use for the learner
- Material Type: Video
- Author: Allen Biggs, Instructor
- Institution: San Francisco State University
- Date Created: 2016-02-25
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.1 The tools used in the course support the learning objectives or competencies.