The Magic Flute – TEDEd Lesson
An active learning lesson with video, quiz and online discussion
Maria Briggs, an Instructor at Fresno State, uses the TEDEd lesson creator to engage students in an active learning experience. In preparation for a written critique students view the "Queen of the Night" aria performance and then answer questions and participate in an online discussion.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.1 The tools and media facilitate achievement of course learning objectives/outcomes.
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
Opening The Magic Flute – Queen of the Night aria (Mozart; Diana Damrau, The Royal Opera) in new window or tab.The Magic Flute – Queen of the Night aria (Mozart; Diana Damrau, The Royal Opera)This link will take you to an external website in a new tab.
- Material Type: An active learning lesson with video, quiz and online discussion
- Author: Maria Briggs , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-08-08
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.1 The tools used in the course support the learning objectives or competencies.
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.