Sketchnotes Discussion Forum Assignment
Instructor Nicole Solis from CSU Northridge, developed an assignment in which students practice visual notetaking skills and engage in a discussion. While reading a scholarly article students are to select at least 2 quotes and additional terms and concepts and arrange them visually including sketches, illustrations, or other ways of decorating their notes visually. Students use the Canvas Discussion forum for students to submit the assignment, but they can choose to create their notes on paper or using one of several technologies.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.1 The tools and media facilitate achievement of course learning objectives/outcomes.
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Nicole Solis , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Northridge
- Date Created: 2021-08-08
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.1 The tools used in the course support the learning objectives or competencies.
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.