Integrating LMS individual learning with group peer-to-peer interactive learning
This peer-to-peer interactive learning activity is designed for an asynchronous environment using three separate shared experiences; the LMS, feedback through a Qualtrics Survey, and an online discussion.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
- Objective: 4.5 The modes and outcomes for student interaction are clearly communicated.
- Objective: 4.7 Course learning activities help students understand fundamental concepts, and build skills useful outside of course.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.1 The tools and media support the course learning objectives/outcomes.
- Objective: 6.3 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Objective: 6.5 Acceptable technological formats for assignment completion and submissions have been articulated.
QLT Section 10: Mobile Platform Readiness (optional)
- Objective: 10.1 Course content was easy to read on multiple platforms such as PCs, tablets, and smartphones.
- Material Type: Other
- Author: Margaret Takeda
- Institution: California State University, San Bernardino
- Date Created: 2021-02-13
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: McGraw Hill Learnsmart
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- Standard: 5.4 The requirements for learner interaction are clearly stated.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.1 The tools used in the course support the learning objectives or competencies.
- Standard: 6.2 Course tools promote learner engagement and active learning.
- QM General Standard 8: Accessibility and Usability
- Standard: 8.1 Course navigation facilitates ease of use.