Blackboard Homepage Example
The Homepage in Blackboard includes a "Meet Your Instructor" tab as well as a Playposit" tab. These tabs provide students with the instructor introduction and contact information which helps to humanize the course. The link to Playposit from the Homepage increases student engagement with both lectures and videos from outside resources.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.1 Instructor uses course environment to provide clear and detailed instructions for students to begin accessing all course components, such as syllabus, course calendar, assignments, and other course materials.
- Objective: 1.2 Detailed instructor information is available to students and includes multiple and preferred formats for being contacted by students, availability information, brief biographical information including pronouns, and a picture of or video from the instructor.
- Material Type: Introduction to the course
- Author: Justin Swanson, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, San Bernardino
- Date Created: 2021-02-20
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Blackboard
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.1 Instructions make clear how to get started and where to find various course components.
- Standard: 1.8 The self–introduction by the instructor is professional and is available online.