Perusall Integration into Business Communication Courses at CSULA
Perusall is a social e-reader platform designed to promote reading, engagement, and active learning. This tool was integrated into Business Communication courses on Canvas for students to engage in crowdsourced reading as they interacted with peers and professors through collaborative annotations. For written discussions, students interact with uploaded PDF documents, websites, ebooks, images, and videos. Perusall activities spark critical thinking and collaboration.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Objective: 6.3 The instructor provides clear information regarding access to the technology and related resources required in the course.
- Material Type: Other
- Author: Mina Richards, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Los Angeles
- Date Created: 2021-02-15
- Course Format: Hybrid / Blended
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.2 Course tools promote learner engagement and active learning.
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.