Possible Lives Mapping Activity with Accompanying Jamboard
Loren Collins, a Faculty Development Coordinator from Cal Poly Humboldt developed an activity for faculty that could be used in their courses. The activity leads students through imagining a range of lives in different careers and mapping out how to prepare for them. Students post their "Possible Lives Maps" onto a collection of Jamboards and interact with each other by posting post-its and commenting.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
- Objective: 4.5 The modes and outcomes for student interaction are clearly communicated.
Opening Possible Lives Map Assignment in new window or tab.Possible Lives Map Assignment This link will take you to an external website in a new tab. Possible Lives Map Lesson Plan This link will open a PDF file..pdf
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Loren Collins , Instructional Designer / Developer
- Institution: California State Polytechnic University, Humboldt
- Date Created: 2021-02-15
- Course Format: Online, Hybrid / Blended
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- Standard: 5.4 The requirements for learner interaction are clearly stated.