Collaborative Communication Guide using Google Slides and EdPuzzle
April Franklin, an Instructor at CSU Fullerton, developed a group activity where students create a course content resource guide to reinforce expected course mastery and the learning of new technical skills. Students first develop the Guide in their groups, create a Google Slide presentation, and finally create an active learning video of the Guide using EdPuzzle.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: April Franklin, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fullerton
- Date Created: 2021-02-16
- Course Format: Online, Hybrid / Blended
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.