Active Learning with TEDEd
Using TEDEd to increase active learning and peer-to-peer engagement, students answer questions and participate in a discussion in a video lesson. The TEDEd lesson replaces what was previously a passive learning experience where students answered standard questions for a weekly written assignment without actively engaging with the content or with their peers.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
- Material Type: Video
- Author : Patricia Backer, Instructor
- Institution: San Jose State University
- Date Created: 2021-03-17
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.