Writing Rubric for Spanish Language Upper Division Course
Carmen Jany, an Instructor from CSU San Bernardino, provides a rubric for evaluating an essay that uses an essay prompt and students examine a case study for Healthcare Spanish in an upper division Spanish course. The rubric includes 5 criteria- Text type, language function, language accuracy, comprehensibility, and cultural appropriateness across 4 levels of achievement.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.4 The assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics, grading sheets) are detailed and appropriate to the student work and respective outcomes being assessed. This includes assessing modes of online participation and contributions.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author: Carmen Jany, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, San Bernardino
- Date Created: 2021-03-20
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.1 The assessments measure the achievement of the stated learning objectives or competencies.
- Standard: 3.3 Specific and descriptive criteria are provided for the evaluation of learners’ work, and their connection to the course grading policy is clearly explained.
- Standard: 3.4 The assessments used are sequenced, varied, and suited to the level of the course.