Active Learning Lesson with a TedEd Video
This active learning activity was created with the user-friendly and broad application of the TEDEd lesson builder. The lesson includes the components of Watch, Think, Dig Deeper and Discuss. Questions are linked to specific sections of the video and students are also asked to answer short-answer questions.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 5: Facilitation and Instruction
- Objective: 5.2 Instructor helps students understand importance of course topics and and content in support of course activities and any related practical experiences.
- Objective: 5.3 The instructor presents the course material and concepts in an effective and engaging manner.
- Objective: 5.4 Instructor encourages students to explore new concepts through the course experience.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.3 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author : Anna Phillips, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, San Bernardino
- Date Created: 2021-03-21
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.2 Course tools promote learner engagement and active learning.