Active Learning Lesson with a TedEd Video
This presentation was updated from passive to an active learning activity using a Ted-Ed lesson which includes: Watch, Think, Dig Deeper and Discuss. Aspects to the video lesson to encourage more engagement with the video before and during class. I particularly like the opportunity to link the questions to a section of the video as well as the opportunity to seek student input in short-answer questions. Ted-Ed was user friendly and its application is broad.
Quality Assurance Objective Met:
QLT Section 5: Facilitation and Instruction
- Objective: 5.2 Instructor helps students understand importance of course topics and and content in support of course activities and any related practical experiences.
- Objective: 5.3 The instructor presents the course material and concepts in an effective and engaging manner.
- Objective: 5.4 Instructor encourages students to explore new concepts through the course experience.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.3 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- TedEd Video - The Anthropocene: The age of mankind This link will take you to an external website in a new tab.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author : Anna Phillips, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, San Bernardino
- Date Created: 2021-03-21
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Objective Equivalent
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Objective: 6.2 Course tools promote learner engagement and active learning.