Weekly homework Rubric in Math 104
Jen Mei Chang, an Instructor at CSU Long Beach, provides a detailed rubric for math homework assignments submitted online using three criteria for grading: (1) accuracy of a graded problem, (2) completeness of the whole assignment, and (3) whether the submitted work follows the directions of the assignment as well as the readability of the presentation.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.4 The assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics, grading sheets) are detailed and appropriate to the student work and respective outcomes being assessed. This includes assessing modes of online participation and contributions.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author: Jen-Mei Chang , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Long Beach
- Date Created: 2021-06-22
- Course Format: Hybrid / Blended
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.1 The assessments measure the achievement of the stated learning objectives or competencies.
- Standard: 3.3 Specific and descriptive criteria are provided for the evaluation of learners’ work, and their connection to the course grading policy is clearly explained.
- Standard: 3.4 The assessments used are sequenced, varied, and suited to the level of the course.