Collaborative Lab Activity Using Google Draw
Instructor Susan Cholette from San Francisco State University, developed a group activity for synchronous online learning to replace the original quiz where students submitted an individual assessment. In this activity, students work in breakout rooms and collaborate on solving a problem using Google Draw.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Objective: 6.3 The instructor provides clear information regarding access to the technology and related resources required in the course.
- Objective: 6.4 Acceptable technological formats for assignment completion and submissions have been articulated.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Susan Cholette , Instructor
- Institution: San Francisco State University
- Date Created: 2021-06-23
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.5 Minimum technology requirements for the course are clearly stated, and information on how to obtain the technologies is provided.
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.2 Course tools promote learner engagement and active learning.
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.