Rubric for Grading Student Poster
Brian Tsukimura, an Instructor at Fresno State, modified an existing rubric for grading student posters. The rubric reflects the order in which the posters are constructed including background, gonts, graphic use, grammar, sequencing of information, content accuracy, effectiveness in describing the science, and originality in presentation.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.4 The assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics, grading sheets) are detailed and appropriate to the student work and respective outcomes being assessed. This includes assessing modes of online participation and contributions.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author: Brian Tsukimura , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-06-14
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.1 The assessments measure the achievement of the stated learning objectives.
- Standard: 3.3 Specific and descriptive criteria are provided for the evaluation of learners’ work, and their connection to the course grading policy is clearly explained.
- Standard: 3.4 The course includes multiple types of assessments that are sequenced and suited to the level of the course.