Online Netiquette Discussion Expectations
Marisol Clark-lbanez, an Instructor from CSU San Marcos, provides an example where an instructor went above and beyond the normal etiquette rules to include guidance for students on how to disagree, make arguments, and be kind to other students. She gives them instructions on how to argue an idea and not argue with a person directly.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.4 Online course etiquette expectations across relevant communication and dialog modalities (e.g., email, chat, online discussion forums, messaging threads) are presented and clear to the student, addressing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Material Type: Other
- Author: Marisol Clark-Ibanez , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, San Marcos
- Date Created: 2020-07-02
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.3 Communication expectations for the course are clearly stated.