Online Netiquette Discussion Expectations
An example where this instructor went above and beyond the normal etiquette rules to include guidance for students on how to disagree, make arguments, and be kind to other students. She gives them instructions on how to argue an idea and not argue with a person directly.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.4 Course etiquette expectations for various forms of course communication and dialog (e.g., chat, “hangout,” email, online discussion) are presented and clear to the student.
- Material Type: Other
- Author: Marisol Clark-Ibanez, Faculty Developer
- Institution: California State University, San Marcos
- Date Created: 2020-07-02
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Moodle
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.3 Communication expectations for online discussions, email, and other forms of interaction are clearly stated.