Small Group Activity using Jamboard
Mark Gondree, an Instructor at Sonoma State University, developed a Google Jamboard activity to facilitate small-group collaboration. In this activity, student teams analyze small snippets of code featuring ARM assembly, to first recognize function prologues/epilogues, then analyze possible deficiencies (missing things), then suggest improvements (removing things that are strictly unneeded), and finally share-out. The code snippets are added as background images, making the text immune from accidental erasure or modification during the activity.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.1 The tools and media facilitate achievement of course learning objectives/outcomes.
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Mark Gondree , Instructor
- Institution: Sonoma State University
- Date Created: 2021-06-22
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.1 The tools used in the course support the learning objectives.
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.