Textbook Access Information using Edpuzzle
Taking what would otherwise be a static experience, reading the information on how to access the course text, a video was created showing this process. Edpuzzle was then used to add multiple-choice and open-ended questions. The added quiz questions provide students with instant feedback to some of the most frequently asked questions at the beginning of the semester regarding the textbook for this course.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.1 Instructor uses course environment to provide clear and detailed instructions for students to begin accessing all course components, such as syllabus, course calendar, assignments, and support files
QLT Section 3: Instructional Materials and Resources Utilized
- Objective: 3.1 Instructor provides students with adequate notice and time to acquire course materials.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.3 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Material Type: Video
- Author: Haiying Zhang, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-06-12
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.1 Instructions make clear how to get started and where to find various course components.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.2 Course tools promote learner engagement and active learning.