Home Page Example
In this Home Page Example, Instructor Laura Huisinga from Fresno State, includes 5 quick links for students to navigate upon entering the course which include a course teaser video, course description, and overview links to all modules and assignments. The instructor also introduces the purpose of the course and its relevance to the degree program.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.3 Course description includes the purpose and format of the course, as well as prerequisite knowledge and competencies, if applicable.
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.3 Navigation throughout the online components of the course is logical, consistent, and efficient.
- Material Type: Illustration / Graphic
- Author: Laura Huisinga, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-06-23
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.2 Learners are introduced to the purpose and structure of the course.
- Standard: 1.7 Expectations for prerequisite knowledge in the discipline and/or any required competencies are clearly stated.
- QM General Standard 8: Accessibility and Usability
- Standard: 8.1 Course navigation facilitates ease of use.
- Standard: 8.2 The course design facilitates readability.