Discussion Post Assignment for Outside Engagement
Many times students request extra credit and as faculty members, we struggle to provide that. This is a weekly discussion posting on Blackboard based on the face to face lecture for that week. Having a discussion post creates an environment for students to engage freely outside the classroom. At times, I have also used this to engage students during class time and have them bring out their electronic device answer the discussion posting for attendance purposes and extra credit for that day!
Quality Assurance Objective Met:
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author : Tanisha Garcia, Faculty Developer
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2020-11-20
- Course Format: Hybrid / Blended
- LMS: Blackboard
QM Objective Equivalent
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Objective: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.