Discussion Post Assignment for Outside Engagement
Tanisha Garcia, a Faculty Developer at Fresno State, uses the discussion board to provide students with the opportunity to earn extra credit. This weekly discussion posting on Canvas is based on the face to face lecture for that week. Having a discussion post creates an environment for students to engage freely outside the classroom. At times, this is also used this to engage students during class time and have them bring out their electronic device answer the discussion posting for attendance purposes and extra credit for that day.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.1 The tools and media facilitate achievement of course learning objectives/outcomes.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Tanisha Garcia, Faculty Developer
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2020-11-20
- Course Format: Hybrid / Blended
- LMS: Blackboard
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.1 The tools used in the course support the learning objectives or competencies.