PlayPosit Version of Video Titled "Horseshoe Crabs Saved My Life"
Holly Henry, an Instructor at CSU San Bernardino, uses the SciShow video, titled "Horseshoe Crabs Saved My Life," with the learning technology PlayPosit. Three quiz questions have been embedded into the video to increase students' active learning and greater interaction with course content; the video quiz also adds a formative assessment component so that students can self-check their learning.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.5 Throughout the semester, the instructor provides multiple opportunities to give feedback on students’ learning, and to help students "self-check" their learning.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Objective: 6.5 The media used in the course exhibits adequate visual and/or sound quality and promotes ease of use for the learner
Opening PlayPosit Video with Embedded Pop-Up Questions in new window or tab.PlayPosit Video with Embedded Pop-Up QuestionsThis link will take you to an external website in a new tab.
- Material Type: Video
- Author: Holly Henry , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, San Bernardino
- Date Created: 2021-06-20
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.5 The course provides learners with multiple opportunities to track their learning progress with timely feedback.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.