Course Introduction Page
Pamela Medinag, an Instructor from CSU San Bernardino, developed a course introduction page to include buttons for accessing the course materials, the instructor contact, and describing the objective of the course. The page also a video to introduce students to the course, and create a sense of community with the instructor at the onset.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.1 Instructor uses course environment to provide clear and detailed instructions for students to begin accessing all course components, such as syllabus, course calendar, assignments, and other course materials.
- Objective: 1.3 Course description includes the purpose and format of the course, as well as prerequisite knowledge and competencies, if applicable.
- Material Type: Illustration / Graphic
- Author: Pamela Medinag, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, San Bernardino
- Date Created: 2021-06-27
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.1 Instructions make clear how to get started and where to find various course components.
- Standard: 1.2 Learners are introduced to the purpose and structure of the course.
- Standard: 1.7 Expectations for prerequisite knowledge in the discipline and/or any required competencies are clearly stated.