Introductions: "Self Presentation" Meet and Greet using VoiceThread
Gabriela Ford, an Instructor at CSU Los Angeles, created an activity where students introduce themselves in a meaningful way by engaging in a virtual Meet and Greet the first week of the semester. Using VoiceThread students record an introduction with the goal of humanizing and providing a safe and supportive environment from the beginning in order to foster an active learning community.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.1 At the beginning of the course, instructor provides an opportunity to have students self- introduce themselves to develop a sense of community.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Material Type: Discussion
- Author: Gabriela Fried , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Los Angeles
- Date Created: 2021-06-23
- Course Format: Online, Hybrid / Blended
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.9 Learners have the opportunity to introduce themselves.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.