Essay Outline Peer Review Activity
Joshua Pryor, an Instructor at Sacramento State University, utilized the peer-review feature in Canvas where students submit an essay outline and are asked to complete a peer-review rubric for 2 other student outlines. Finally, students need to upload their completed peer-review rubrics to Canvas.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.4 The assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics, grading sheets) are detailed and appropriate to the student work and respective outcomes being assessed. This includes assessing modes of online participation and contributions.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Joshua Pryor , Instructor
- Institution: Sacramento State University
- Date Created: 2021-06-23
- Course Format: Hybrid / Blended
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.1 The assessments measure the achievement of the stated learning objectives.
- Standard: 3.3 Specific and descriptive criteria are provided for the evaluation of learners’ work, and their connection to the course grading policy is clearly explained.
- Standard: 3.4 The course includes multiple types of assessments that are sequenced and suited to the level of the course.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.