Portfolio Rubric for First Year Writing - CSU Fresno
Carol Firstman, an Instructor at Fresno State, is using the rubric developed by the First Year Writing program at Fresno State in Canvas. The grading criteria and rating categories are taken directly from the FYW template materials. The 30 point rubric includes the criteria of reading and writing strategies, reflection, summary and conversation, rhetoric, language coherence, and self-and peer evaluation. The ratings are exceeds, complete, and not passing.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.4 The assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics, grading sheets) are detailed and appropriate to the student work and respective outcomes being assessed. This includes assessing modes of online participation and contributions.
Opening Portfolio Rubric for First Year Writing - CSU Fresno in new window or tab.Portfolio Rubric for First Year Writing - CSU FresnoThis link will take you to an external website in a new tab. Portfolio Rubric for First Year Writing - CSU Fresno
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author: Carole Firstman , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-06-18
- Course Format: Online, Hybrid / Blended
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.1 The assessments measure the achievement of the stated learning objectives or competencies.
- Standard: 3.3 Specific and descriptive criteria are provided for the evaluation of learners’ work, and their connection to the course grading policy is clearly explained.
- Standard: 3.4 The assessments used are sequenced, varied, and suited to the level of the course.