Interactive Video using EdPuzzle
Santos Maricel, an Instructor from San Francisco State University, uses EdPuzzle, an interactive tool, to change the reading experience from an isolating experience into an active one. This video invites students to react to a video presentation by (1) reflecting on the findings of a diary study of a language learner's experience; (2) providing a brief commentary on diary study as a research method; and (3) asks the reader to consider how this article can help them think about their first major paper writing assignment (an analysis of their own language learning processes).
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 3: Instructional Materials and Resources
- Objective: 3.5 There is a variety of instructional material types that lead to more UDL/access and student engagement, while not overly relying on one content type such as text.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Material Type: Video
- Author: Maricel Santos, Instructor
- Institution: San Francisco State University
- Date Created: 2021-06-23
- Course Format: Hybrid / Blended
- LMS: iLearn
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 4: Instructional Materials
- Standard: 4.5 A variety of instructional materials is used in the course.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.