Final Project Rubric
Elias Pence, an Instructor at Cal Poly Humboldt, built a rubric to measure understanding of the assignment topic, in-class engagement, and care and effort in completing the assignment. Using the Canvas rubric tool was helpful in measuring the criteria of Demonstration of Understanding, Care and Effort, and In Class Engagement against the ratings of Excellent, Proficient, Needs Development, and Incomplete.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.4 The assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics, grading sheets) are detailed and appropriate to the student work and respective outcomes being assessed. This includes assessing modes of online participation and contributions.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author: Elias Pence , Instructor
- Institution: California State Polytechnic University, Humboldt
- Date Created: 2021-06-21
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.1 The assessments measure the achievement of the stated learning objectives or competencies.
- Standard: 3.3 Specific and descriptive criteria are provided for the evaluation of learners’ work, and their connection to the course grading policy is clearly explained.
- Standard: 3.4 The assessments used are sequenced, varied, and suited to the level of the course.