Syllabus Example for Learner Support (Student Resources)
The syllabus includes information on both academic and non-academic support resources/programs for students. A list of example resources and the main "Campus Syllabus Information" website is listed. More details and contact information for 3 key support programs are included. Weblinks, email, and phone numbers are listed for these 3 key programs.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 7: Learner Support and Resources
- Objective: 7.1 Instructor states her or his role in the support process.
- Objective: 7.3 Course syllabus (or related) provides an introduction to campus academic (non–technical) support services and resources available to support students in achieving their educational goals. E.g., Disability Support Services, Writing Center, Tutoring Center.
- Objective: 7.4 Course syllabus (or related) provides information regarding how the institution’s student support (non–academic, non–technical) services and resources (E.g., advising, mentoring) can help students succeed and how they can these services.
- Material Type: Syllabus
- Author: Rachel Lazzeri-Aerts, Instructor
- Institution: San Jose State University
- Date Created: 2021-07-20
- Course Format: Online, Hybrid / Blended
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.3 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s academic support services and resources that can help learners succeed in the course.
- Standard: 7.4 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s student services and resources that can help learners succeed.