"It's Just a Movie" Jamboard
Illustration / Graphic
Aaron Schuelke, an Instructor at Fresno State, developed a discussion activity where students read the article "It's Just a Movie" by Greg M. Smith. They then create slides on a Google Jamboard analyzing two films of their choosing, using very brief reflections (post-its) and images from the film. They then respond to at least two classmates' work in a small group discussion on Canvas.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 3: Instructional Materials and Resources
- Objective: 3.5 There is a variety of instructional material types that lead to more UDL/access and student engagement, while not overly relying on one content type such as text.
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Material Type: Illustration / Graphic
- Author: Aaron Schuelke , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-07-19
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 4: Instructional Materials
- Standard: 4.5 A variety of instructional materials is used in the course.
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.