Student reading presentation rubric
Jidong Chen, an Instructor at Fresno State, developed this detailed Reading Presentation rubric for use with the rubric tool in Canvas. The rubric describes in detail how students' presentations on the assigned research articles are graded in terms of their 'content', 'organization', 'mechanics', and 'elocution and eye contact'.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.4 The assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics, grading sheets) are detailed and appropriate to the student work and respective outcomes being assessed. This includes assessing modes of online participation and contributions.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author: Jidong Chen , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-07-22
- Course Format: Online, Hybrid / Blended
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.1 The assessments measure the achievement of the stated learning objectives.
- Standard: 3.3 Specific and descriptive criteria are provided for the evaluation of learners’ work, and their connection to the course grading policy is clearly explained.
- Standard: 3.4 The course includes multiple types of assessments that are sequenced and suited to the level of the course.