Videos can be excellent teaching tools. The key to success is to keep them short and require engagement so that students are not passively watching. In this activity, short videos (≈ 7 minutes) were recorded and existing media was embedded (Smart History. Art, History, Conversation.) Quizzes and notes were then added using Panopto and Edpuzzle to make them interactive.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 3: Instructional Materials and Resources
- Objective: 3.5 There is a variety of instructional material types that lead to more UDL/access and student engagement, while not overly relying on one content type such as text.
- Material Type: Video
- Author: Maria-Aparecida Lopes, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-07-15
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 4: Instructional Materials
- Standard: 4.5 A variety of instructional materials is used in the course.