Maria-Aparecida Lopes, an Instructor at Fresno State, uses short videos (under 7 minutes) to engage students so that the viewing experience is active and not passive. In this activity, the videos were recorded and existing media was embedded. Quizzes and notes were then added using Panopto and EdPuzzle to make them interactive.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 3: Instructional Materials and Resources
- Objective: 3.5 There is a variety of instructional material types that lead to more UDL/access and student engagement, while not overly relying on one content type such as text.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Material Type: Video
- Author: Maria-Aparecida Lopes , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-07-15
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 4: Instructional Materials
- Standard: 4.5 A variety of instructional materials is used in the course.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.