General Discussion Rubric
Instructor Krista Hahn, from CSU Fullerton, created this rubric to assess student discussions. This rubric is intended for a a 2-week discussion where an original post is due during the first week, and two replies to peers are due during the second week. It is reasonably general so that it can be used for multiple discussions across a semester.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.4 The assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics, grading sheets) are detailed and appropriate to the student work and respective outcomes being assessed. This includes assessing modes of online participation and contributions.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author: Krista Hahn , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fullerton
- Date Created: 2021-07-16
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.1 The assessments measure the achievement of the stated learning objectives.
- Standard: 3.3 Specific and descriptive criteria are provided for the evaluation of learners’ work, and their connection to the course grading policy is clearly explained.
- Standard: 3.4 The course includes multiple types of assessments that are sequenced and suited to the level of the course.