Journalism Ethics Scenarios
Instructor Timothy Drachlis from Fresno State, created an exercise and discussion whereby students learn more about journalism ethics. Working in groups, students select from 5 scenarios where they collaboratively develop a presentation using lectures, readings, and research as they apply the code of ethics to their respective scenario.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 5: Facilitation and Instruction
- Objective: 5.2 The instructor clearly helps students make connections between the content and the course activities, and how their life experience and mastery of concepts gained in the course will integrate into their college degree, future career, and role as a global citizen.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Timothy Drachlis , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-07-23
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.