Using Live Demonstration to Teach Students Music
Instructor Allen Biggs from San Francisco State University, uses video editing software to put together an innovative and interactive percussion lecture. He uses a bucket to help demonstrate different pitches and tones and captures students performing. The short video captures a portion of the video lecture.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.1 The tools and media facilitate achievement of course learning objectives/outcomes.
- Objective: 6.5 The media used in the course exhibits adequate visual and/or sound quality and promotes ease of use for the learner
Opening Interactive Music Percussion Lecture Video in new window or tab.Interactive Music Percussion Lecture VideoThis link will take you to an external website in a new tab.
- Material Type: Video
- Author: Allen Biggs , Instructor
- Institution: San Francisco State University
- Date Created: 2016-02-25
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.1 The tools used in the course support the learning objectives or competencies.