Accessible Homepage with Engaging Images
Jenna Kieckhaefer, an Instructor from Fresno State, shares her Canvas Homepage which clearly shows that images are all accessible with the green Ally indicators. Images are engaging for students with clear labels for the user to navigate the course.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 3: Instructional Materials and Resources
- Objective: 3.5 There is a variety of instructional material types that lead to more UDL/access and student engagement, while not overly relying on one content type such as text.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.5 The media used in the course exhibits adequate visual and/or sound quality and promotes ease of use for the learner
QLT Section 8: Accessibility and Universal Design
- Objective: 8.3 Course design, documents, and learning materials created by the instructor or from external sources are in formats that are accessible to students using assistive technologies. A “met” score does not imply that all materials are fully accessible to all students, but that 85% or more of the materials meet general standards for accessibility.
- Material Type: Home Page
- Author: Jenna Kieckhaefer , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-07-16
- Course Format: Online, Hybrid / Blended
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 4: Instructional Materials
- Standard: 4.5 A variety of instructional materials is used in the course.
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.2 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s accessibility policies and services.
- QM General Standard 8: Accessibility and Usability
- Standard: 8.3 Text in the course is accessible.
- Standard: 8.4 Images in the course are accessible.