Peer Part Planning
The course teaches students how to best use 3D CAD modeling software. Each assignment requires a large amount of planning and forethought before starting to make a model. To help address this issue, the Peer Part Planning assignment breaks students into small groups and has them come up with a basic plan/outline for how they can approach the creation of the model.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.3 The learning activities (including the assignments and ungraded activities) must align to the course or module SLOs and promote or reference the specific SLO to be achieved.
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
- Material Type: Discussion
- Author: Patrick Mannion, Instructor
- Institution: California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Date Created: 2021-07-21
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 2: Learning Objectives (Competencies)
- Standard: 2.4 The relationship between learning objectives or competencies and learning activities is clearly stated.
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.1 The learning activities promote the achievement of the stated learning objectives or competencies.
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.