Course Home Page
Course Home Page
Melanie Wenrick, an Instructor from Fresno State, provides a clean easy to follow home page that provides for accessible image buttons used for the syllabus, weekly, and discussion board. Graphic buttons were created in PowerPoint and imported as images. A welcoming introduction about the purpose of the course and distance learning model used.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.1 Instructor uses course environment to provide clear and detailed instructions for students to begin accessing all course components, such as syllabus, course calendar, assignments, and other course materials.
- Objective: 1.3 Course description includes the purpose and format of the course, as well as prerequisite knowledge and competencies, if applicable.
QLT Section 8: Accessibility and Universal Design
- Objective: 8.3 Course design, documents, and learning materials created by the instructor or from external sources are in formats that are accessible to students using assistive technologies. A “met” score does not imply that all materials are fully accessible to all students, but that 85% or more of the materials meet general standards for accessibility.
- Material Type: Course Home Page
- Author: Melanie Wenrick , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-07-25
- Course Format: Hybrid / Blended
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.1 Instructions make clear how to get started and where to find various course components.
- Standard: 1.2 Learners are introduced to the purpose and structure of the course.
- Standard: 1.7 Expectations for prerequisite knowledge in the discipline and/or any required competencies are clearly stated.
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.2 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s accessibility policies and services.
- QM General Standard 8: Accessibility and Usability
- Standard: 8.3 The course provides accessible text and images in files, documents, LMS pages, and web pages to meet the needs of diverse learners.