Syllabus - Alignment Chart and Updated Policies
This syllabus includes an alignment matrix that aligns the weekly activities with the course level objectives. There are detailed assignment descriptions and updated campus policies.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.1 All student learning Objectives/Outcomes (SLOs) are specific, well-defined, and measurable
- Objective: 2.2 Grading policy is provided in a manner that clearly defines expectations for the course and respective assignments.
- Objective: 2.3 The learning activities (including the assignments and ungraded activities) must align to the course or module SLOs and promote or reference the specific SLO to be achieved.
QLT Section 8: Accessibility and Universal Design
- Objective: 8.1 Course design and activities enact the core principles of Universal Design for Learning by incorporating multiple means of representation, action and expression, and engagement. Accessibility is therefore embedded in the course design rather than a reactive accommodation for those with registered disabilities.
- Objective: 8.3 Course design, documents, and learning materials created by the instructor or from external sources are in formats that are accessible to students using assistive technologies. A “met” score does not imply that all materials are fully accessible to all students, but that 85% or more of the materials meet general standards for accessibility.
- Objective: 8.4 When utilized, the instructor and course use officially supported campus technologies, which are already fully accessible and assistive technology ready. Any third-party tools used are accessible and assistive technology ready when feasible.
- Material Type: Syllabus
- Author: Maureen Smith, Instructor
- Institution: San Jose State University
- Date Created: 2021-07-07
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 2: Learning Objectives (Competencies)
- Standard: 2.1 The course learning objectives, or course/program competencies, describe outcomes that are measurable.
- Standard: 2.2 The module/unit–level learning objectives or competencies describe outcomes that are measurable and consistent with the course–level objectives or competencies.
- Standard: 2.4 The relationship between learning objectives or competencies and learning activities is clearly stated.
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.2 The course grading policy is stated clearly at the beginning of the course.
- Standard: 3.3 Specific and descriptive criteria are provided for the evaluation of learners’ work, and their connection to the course grading policy is clearly explained.
- Standard: 3.4 The assessments used are sequenced, varied, and suited to the level of the course.
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.1 The learning activities promote the achievement of the stated learning objectives or competencies.
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.2 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s accessibility policies and services.
- QM General Standard 8: Accessibility and Usability
- Standard: 8.1 Course navigation facilitates ease of use.
- Standard: 8.3 The course provides accessible text and images in files, documents, LMS pages, and web pages to meet the needs of diverse learners.